I love Tina Fey. It’s really no secret.
Lately, I’ve needed a bit of a pick me up. Tina Fey’s 30 Rock has been my greatest pick-me-up.
Here’s a short list of things I’ve learned from either as her character Liz Lemon:
1. Don’t be afraid to look how you are. Case in point: any of Liz Lemon’s flashback scenes where she looks hilariously awkward.
2. Love food and don’t be afraid to admit it. Make sure to chew your food carefully, because she seems to choke a lot.
3. Honesty is the best policy. It either fixes a situation or gives someone something to laugh at. No Shame.
4. You don’t always have to be the one to put out fires, but sometimes it’s just easier to take care of it yourself. Or else you might end up having to go somewhere you don’t want to go and saying hurtful things to Kenneth.
5. Families are hilarious, especially dads.
6. Feel free to make up words, use “Blerg” and call people “Nerds”. Also feel free to use “Nerds” as an expression instead of saying ,”Dang”.
7. Oprah really is awesome.
8. People who are astronauts will always have the coolest profession, ever. Go ahead and keep idolizing them.
9. If you want me to do something I don’t want to do, butter me up by showing me the Sneezing Panda video.
10. If you really want to apologize, go ahead and follow-up your apology by listing off all of the embarrassing things you’ve done. Mine starts with: I ate a crumb off my shirt assuming it was what I had for lunch, but it really turns out it was what I had for breakfast, yesterday.
Now, this is just a short list of Liz Lemon, the fictional character has taught me. Tina Fey is a brilliant real-life person, and I really want to meet her someday. Like some sort of crazed teenager. It’s a good thing she isn’t on twitter, because I would tweet at her everyday until she acknowledged me. If it came in the form of a restraining order, I’d take it.
Check out Bossypants, if you haven’t already. It’ll make your pee your pants or at least giggle out loud, if you’re not a pants pee-er.
*So you can laugh. I thought about putting a picture of Tina Fey up, but I don’t know the rules of using other people’s photos.